Thursday, January 1, 2015

On the Go at Universal layout

Happy New Year's!  I've been reflecting on all the fun things we did this last year-vacation trips to Disney and Universal, going to Estes Park and exploring Rocky Mountain National Park were the two standouts but there were many fun smaller moments like day trips to the lake and zoo and just hanging in our pool with my boys last summer.  One of my favorite things about scrapbooking is that it vividly reminds me of all the highlights and special moments of the past when I browse through my albums.  It also reminds that experiences, not stuff, are what makes the year special.

I'm excited for 2015!  We have already planned our next vacation, because having something fun to look forward to increases my happiness factor (seriously, I read somewhere that anticipation makes an experience even better).  But I'm also looking forward to the good things about winter (ignoring the cold, ignoring the cold, ignoring the cold…), like throwing snowballs, reading while drinking hot chocolate, and movie night in the basement with a nice toasty fire!  I also am trying to remember to enjoy the little things that make life sweet each day, like hearing my cat purr, having my boys snuggling up with me, and holding hands with my hubby.  I'm not really one to make resolutions for New Year's, but I AM going to strive for daily doses of happy, whether it comes big or small!

My layout I'm sharing today is from our trip to Universal Studios last February (when it was cold and gray in Kansas City and we ran away to Florida for three days of happy therapy on the spur of the moment).  I used the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge for the titles, big circles, and all the fun arrows.  The cute bg paper is from Carta Bella, but I don't remember the line.  Love all the crazy arrows to choose from on this cartridge!  This design would work with pictures from almost any big event, just change up the title at the bottom to reflect where you are at.

May 2015 bring some wonderful things for all of you!!!!



Cricut:
Boys Will Be Boys-all cuts
Paper-Carta Bella prints, CTMH solids

No comments:

Post a Comment