Monday, January 6, 2014

Craft til you drop tag (for BBTB2)

Happy 2014!  To start the new year, my wonderful DT sister Brenda has issued us an open challenge dedicated to our hobby, to celebrate National Hobby Month.  I had no idea there was such a thing as National Hobby Month, but I'm willing to celebrate it all year long if it involves scrapbooking!  My nieces have become crafters (they share a baby bug) and I help keep them stocked in paper on birthdays and Christmas.  One of my nieces has a birthday this month, so since the gift will be scrapbooking paper/supplies, I made a crafty themed tag to go on the package (I've totally been on a tag kick because the recipients really liked the Christmas tags I made).  The craft with scissors on the tag is from Nate's ABCs and everything else is from Plaintain Schoolbook except the star (which was just lying around on the craft table).


Cricut:
Plaintain Schoolbook-tag, cut at 4 1/2 inches
Nate's ABCs-phrase cut at 1 1/2 inches
Paper-solids CTMH, print Bo Bunny Surprise collection
ribbon-American Crafts
brown chalk ink

Link up your project to celebrate your hobby with us at BBTB2 and we look forward to lots of fun challenges throughout this year!

10 comments:

  1. This is such a cute tag !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab tag Michelle! Your niece will just love it...so would I!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Michelle! And what a great way to top off a gift to a fellow crafter, especially someone in your family! LOVE this idea! Great job with the challenge this week!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag Michelle!! Tags are such great little things to make and how fun that your nieces share a baby bug!! I love that you keep enable them by keeping them in paper and such. Such a fun tag for a gift like this!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an aforable tag. Your neices will love it. I didn't know this phrase was on Nate's abc's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really fantastic! I love making tags and this one has really inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute tag and I love the little pair of scissors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love your tag Michelle!!! Love that your nieces are crafters, too. Two of our granddaughters are. They love to come visit and get into my crafty room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my number one hobby at the moment is scrapbooking as well. Nice tag, I am sure you'll use that somewhere creative. I have lots of hobbies and wish I had lots more time and energy to do them all.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete