Friday, June 7, 2013

Movie Night layout (for Exploring Cricut)

Today is my day to show a daily project at Exploring Cricut!  I have a layout about the movies, inspired by this fun Karen Foster film reel background paper!  One of our favorite family traditions is movie night, where we all curl up in the living room to watch a movie together with popcorn and pizza (along with a fire in the winter).  It's super fun (we pick the movie from Netflix) and MUCH cheaper than the theater!  With a couple of kids, who can afford the theater these days?  Plus you can have much better snacks at home.

My layout is for some pics of a movie night with friends recently.   I cut the filmstrip from Mickey and Friends (also the star) and cut it in half diagonally to visually connect the two pages.  The popcorn and soda cuts are from the Carousel cartridge.  The font is my absolute favorite:  the Mickey Font.



Cricut:
Mickey Font-title font
Mickey and Friends-star and filmstrip
Carousel-popcorn and soda
brown chalk ink
Paper-Karen Foster background paper, CTMH and CM solids

I hope you enjoyed this layout and check back every day at Exploring Cricut for a new daily project to inspire you!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I didn't know Mickey and Friends had a film strip! How cool! I'd say curling up at home with comfort food and a movie with the family is so much better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout!! I love the cuts and that awesome bg paper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute layout love the popcorn and soda cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try this one! I love the extras you added and that paper was perfect. Your photos turned out great too, I can never photograph my layouts successfully! Great job.

    ReplyDelete