Monday, March 18, 2013

Dyeing Eggs layout (for BBTB2)

Egg-ceptional Easter Eggs is the challenge theme for BBTB2 this week!  (Those yummy-licious chocolate eggs....definitely egg-ceptional)  We have a family tradition of spending an evening dyeing Easter eggs, which my kids love!  It's messy, but SOOO fun!  Last year I got 2 dozen ready for dyeing and they begged for more-we ended up dyeing almost 4 dozen eggs!!!!!!   So join us at the BBTB2 this week with an egg project.

So, on to my layout!  I always take lots of pictures of the dyeing process so I made a layout, using Stretch Your Imagination for the cute little bunnies with the paintbrushes working on some eggs.  I especially like the bunny on the tall stack of eggs, hard at work!   My beloved Doodlecharms cartridge gave me the basket and eggs (it is my favorite cricut basket on all my carts) and the title is from the Mickey Font-love the big fun chunky letters on that font!

The background papers are from from The Paper Studio and that Easter Egg paper inspired the whole layout.  Note:  For the Stretch Your Imagination cuts, I cut the main image/layers and then put the silhouette cut on top of it, and backed the whole thing with the shadow cut.

the whole layout:

my favorite stretched bunny who's been hard at work:

and my other cute little bunny:

Cricut:
Mickey Font-title
Doodlecharms-basket and eggs
Stretch Your Imagination-bunnies
Paper-background papers from The Paper Studio, solids are CTMH and CM, glitter paper is Target
brown chalk ink
ribbon-Stampin Up bashful blue
stickers-Echo Park, leftovers from an old collection

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous LO ready for some fun photos.Love the hard working bunny!Sounds like you have lots of fun decorting!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout, Michelle! Great background DP and the bunnies from SYI are sooo sweet. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an Easter linky party at www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com hope you'll stop by and link up.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabby LO.... I miss taking photos of a young son at Easter.... this LO will accept some pretty wonderful photos, I know.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bunnies on top of the eggs. So cute I definitely need to make something with these cute cuts. Love the egg background paper. Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great layout! I love the clean lines and the paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors. You chose the perfect paper. This is an adorable layout. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute layout. I seem to forget about these carts and really like how you used them. Yummy bacground paper!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh Michelle, this layout is just too cute!! I am loving that egg paper, so fabulous! My boys always loved dying eggs too and with 6 boys, well you can imagine how many eggs we dyed! lol Now my 17 year old isn't into dying eggs so I will have to see if we can get our one granddaughter and let her dye eggs with us. I love, love all your die cuts you used, and just might have to "lift" your layout! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your layout how fun! Great Design inspiration. I want to do a layout ot now I do not do them too often
    DIANA L
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that your family dies eggs together! We haven't done that since the kids were little - I should have stuck with it! I love your layout - it is so pretty and so fun - and what wonderful Cricut cuts. Your bunny and basket are fabulous as are all of the eggs. WOW!! Wonderful job, Michelle. You are sooo talented!
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute and love that background paper. Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party. Hope to see you back again.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  13. When our children were little, we dyed eggs together, too. Hubby worked nights so we always saved him some eggs to dye. Such wonderful memories ya'll are creating. And I love love love your layout! Those darling little bunnies on the eggs. And that wonderful bg paper. I haven't seen that one at my Hobby Lobby. I need to go back and look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun layout michelle. love that egg b/g paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great layout!!! I havent used Stretch Your Imagination in SOOOO long!!! My sister borrowed it and never gave it back LOL!!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle what a wonderful layout I love the egg paper and great choie for your cricut cuts, just perfect for your egg dying photos!
    hugs
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete