Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"Hoo knew? Love you" valentine card

I'm working on my Valentine cards, which is always such fun!  You can be silly and fun with a valentine and I like to make my kids laugh!  This valentine was inspired by the Cardz TV stamps color challenge:  make a project using black, white, and red only.  I had this background paper in my stash from the DCWV All Seasons pack with hearts in black, white, and red and I added the cute valentine owl from Create A Critter 2.  The "Hoo knew?" stamp is from a My Pink Stamper set.  I have firmly told myself I will not be tempted to buy any Valentine paper, but use from the stash-we'll see if I can resist temptation....but I used the stash today!




Cricut:
Create A Critter 2-owl at 3 1/2 in.
Paper-DCVW All Seasons stack for the heart print, generic black and white card stock, CTMH reds
ribbon/punches-Stampin Up ribbon and punches on the front, heart punch inside is CM
Stamps-"Hoo knew?" is from a My Pink Stamper, inside stamp unknown

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Good for you for using the stash...very cute paper:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and perfect sentiments. Thanks for sharing at Cardz TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable red owl. Thanks so much for joining the CTVS challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, man do I LOVE the Country Fair cartridge! It is so awesome...gosh, makes me want to run and make something with it! I certainly haven't done enough with it as is it! So I adore the page you posted with those cuts!
    And this little Valentine is super sweet! =)
    So talking about the kids getting sick...we were sick with the flu in December. To top it off I had a strep infection that turned into scarlet fever. It was ridiculous! I hadn't been that sick in a long time, or for that long! So to say we've pretty much been sick for 2 months wouldn't be an exaggeration! At this point I don't even care about trying to wash hands! LOL!
    Anyways, always a joy to "chat" with you!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable owl. Love job on this card. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS

    ReplyDelete